How do new customers find your restaurant? While word-of-mouth and referrals are powerful, more than likely, many customers find you via internet searches — that is, Google.
Claiming your business's listing on Google is the first step towards managing your online presence to drive business value. Here's how:
- Go to https://www.google.com/business
- Click the Start Now button
- Sign in with your Google account, if you haven't already
- If prompted for your business type, select Storefront
Search for your Business's name — it most likely will already be in Google's listing, unless you're very new
(If the listing couldn't be found, you will have to enter your information manually)
- Verify that the information is correct, and select the Continue button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete validation. This will most likely use the Postcard option vor verification
After claiming your listing, Google will send you a post card with further instructions and a verification code. Follow the instructions and enter the code, and you'll be verified!